Bernard Marcelly skrev:
Message de Finn Gruwier Larsen  date 2007-10-01 09:15 :
Thanks, Bernard, for correcting my syntax.

This was not syntax errors but misunderstanding of the API and of the Python bridge routines. For what you are doing you need a lot of knowledge in both.

True.

Anyway - OOo crashes when I run this code:

( ...)
    spellcheckResult =  spellchecker.isValid("word", locale)

When I run the equivalent code in Basic I get an exception, not a crash.
The exception says the number of arguments is incorrect (Arguments len differ!).

I have implemented this macro in Basic already, and it works perfectly. Just wanted to give Python a try...

Read again in the SDK the IDL description of .isValid() method : there is a third argument. In the general case it is an empty array. This should work better:

spellcheckResult =  spellchecker.isValid("word", locale, ())

I know there are three arguments. In the Basic equivalent I wrote something likes this:

Dim emptyArgs(0) As New com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
result = speller.isValid(word, locale, emptyArgs())

But I didn't know how to do that in Python, so I just guessed that the third argument was optional (which would be reasonable, since it usually contains no information). I think we can conclude that the third argument is not optional - anyway, giving a wrong number of arguments should not make OOo crash. Using () as a third argument doesn't change this - OOo still crashes.

My conclusion is that Python in OOo is still premature and unstable, so I'll probably have to stick with Basic for a while. Or maybe I'll give Java a try - at least, there's a lot of documentation there.

Finn