Thank you for your help.

Is it possible to port the example using the OLE/COM Uno bridge and still
having the call in ooBasic of the function unchanged like

Outval = fplus( inval)

This would at least limit the changes to do the vba code during the port
to OpenOffice.

Is there another way than using the VBA statement Declare Function Lib to
declare C++ functions in ooBasic. I will have to port over 200.

Regards

Jürgen

Joachim Lingner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/15/2007 04:49:53 PM:

> Importing a type library is not supported.
>
> Joachim
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am porting a C++ COM application that is called from Excel via VBA
> > application that is called from Calc via ooBasic.
> >
> > I am new to the OpenOffice environment and have some basic questions
> > learn the way ooBasic uses the OLE/COM Uno bridge.
> >
> > Here is my C++ example:
> >
> > MYSHAREDLIB_API double __stdcall fplus (double invalue)
> > {
> >         return invalue + 1.0;
> > }
> >
> > And here the type library file .odl:
> >
> > import "oaidl.idl";
> > import "ocidl.idl";
> >       [
> >          uuid(7D4B1C8E-69AF-4082-90CF-E07FD904A4DA),
> >          helpstring("MySharedLib"),
> >          lcid(0x0409),
> >          version(1.5)
> >       ]
> >       library MySharedLib
> >       {
> >       [
> >          helpstring("Functions exported by MySharedLib.dll"),
> >          version(1.5),
> >          dllname("MySharedLib.dll")
> >       ]
> >       module MSL
> >               {
> >                  [      helpstring("fplus"),    entry("fplus") ]
double
> > fplus(  [in]  double invalue  );
> > }
> > }
> >
> > I can call this .dll in Calc using the VBA equivalent of  Declare
Function

> > Declare Function fplus Lib ?MySharedLib.dll? (ByVal  invalue as
Double) as