Hi Jürgen,

I actually tried the data types we use int, double, Variant_Bool. They work fine. We do not use VARIANT or SAFEARRAY to limit porting effort to other platforms.

calling functions in DLLs directly from Basic doesn't have anything
to do with UNO types as this functionality is much older than UNO.

The String type does not work correctly. Do you use a BSTR in Unicode character set? Where can I find information about the string data type used in ooBasic? Is there an example in the OpenOffice documentation about the use of the string type during library calls?

Unfortunately the functionality mentioned above is not only old but
also incomplete and neither very well tested nor documented. And I
see no change regarding this in the near future. So I would recom-
ment to use the UNO automation bridge. Joachim can tell you about
the details.

Regards

Andreas