On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:26:53 -0500, Juergen Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,
 I created a little manual on how to use openoffice, with python and uno.

Maybe we could document the already existant code that we have out there. I dunno why but i didnt notice that there are some interesting scripts writen in python on the python uno page.

    http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html

ooextract.py
A command line tool, that extracts the text, html or pdf content from a StarWriter document and writes it to a different file or (optionally) prints it to stdout (grep your office documents).

oomerge.py
A command line tool, that creates a new document by appending multiple single documents

swriter.py
A command line program, that fills a writer document with some text and tables.
swritercomp.py, swritercompclient.py
Same as above, but implemented as a python UNO component, so that it runs within the office process. This shows the performance benefit of having scripts run within one process.

You must add the swritercomp.py program with the pkgchk tool (see below) to the office installation and can then use the swritercomp_client.py program to execute it.

biblioaccess.py
A command line program, that displays the contents of the biblio sample database that comes with OpenOffice.org.

python-tokencounter-calc-addin.oxt
Adds a function named
tokencount
to calc, which counts the number of words within a calc cell. After adding the extension, the office must be restarted (including terminating the quickstarter) to make the function appear in the function list.
Your example (Please send more examples, so that they can be added here).

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES