On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:00:37 -0500, Lukasz Szybalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2. Is there a way to open openoffice in some kind of quite mode?
openoffice -accept="socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;"  This opens
up the actual program. I think if I was able to run it in a background
that would speed things up.

This might be a cleaner code:
http://www.stuvel.eu/ooo-python

Look for Automatic OOo startup.

BTW sqlalchemy might not run on the standard version of python shipped with this version of OOo. Please make sure that you note it on your manual.

OOo ships with python 2.3 and most modules outside of the standard library ones, don't work. I guess a better option will be to code with the OOo database module.
com.sun.star.sdb.DatabaseContext

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES