Nice to see your post, I was struggling with these issues.
Thanks for helping me with no 3!

I still cant get point 4 to work properly.

here is what I am doing:

- after i change office/program/redirect.ini
   [Bootstrap]
   URE_BOOTSTRAP=fundamental.ini
(it was URE_BOOTSTRAP=${ORIGIN}/fundamental.ini)

- I also change office/program/soffice.ini
  [Bootstrap]
   Logo=1
   ProgressBarColor=4,68,155
   ProgressFrameColor=58,159,232
   ProgressPosition=14,230
   ProgressSize=412,7
   URE_BOOTSTRAP=fundamental.ini
   HideEula=1

(it was URE_BOOTSTRAP=${ORIGIN}/fundamental.ini)

- run soffice "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;"
- the helloworld.py script is in the office/program dir.
   which is a copy and paste of
http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html helloworld.py example
- I call "python helloworld.py" (using openoffice's python) from
office/program dir

I get the error no 4's error

AttributeError: getCurrentComponent

Any other suggested workarounds? Am i missing something?

thanks in advance.