On 11.04.2018, at 22:15, Benedict Holland <benedict.m.holl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds fine. There is also an svn2git tool that I used successfully on a
> lot of projects.

We already have a mirror of uimaFIT on GitHub:
https://github.com/apache/uima-uimafit

I had a quick chat with INFRA over on Hipchat.

My understanding is that in a move to Git, INFRA would upgrade this mirror to a
writable repository which is synced with an internal ASF repo for tracking of
provenance. So in fact, the canonical repo would be at the ASF, but one can
still use the GitHub repo for pulling/pushing and for doing PRs.

As far as I understood, ASF INFRA takes care of the entire migration process.
We just have to file an issue with them to trigger it.

What's also nice: the ASF Jenkins can watch and build PRs :)

Cheers,

-- Richard