+1

Good to start with a contained sub-part, and see how it goes, and see how the
community reacts, etc.

I have some confusion on whether this is a move to "github" or "git"?  If to
github, that comes with lots of "extra" things, like issue tracking, wiki's, a
static-web-page web-site (much like Apache).  GitHub supports a bit of
hierarchical organization, e.g. "Organizations" with various teams having
various permissions (I may have this not quite right, I'm not an expert).

How are permissions handled by ASF's use of GIT?  Are there "teams" that
correspond to commit access for UIMA projects?

Also, I take it your repo would be 1 repo for all of uimaFIT, correct?  I
curious if I clone this repo if I would be able to access the change history,
going back before the time of the conversion?

-Marshall