+1 from myself.

I discuss your remarks below, but it's orthogonal with the vote and the switch itselft, we can change anything later on.

On 17/05/2016 03:38, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
Wow.  That's so nice.  Much easier to find stuff.   I offer a +1 no matter
what.

Two pieces of feedback.

* The font look a little strange to me.  Are you wedded to it?  It's a
little vertically stretched.  Maybe use the same font as the main Apache
site?

It's only a proposal. I took the inspiration from http://qpid.apache.org, which I like quite much (in fact, I reviewed all the apache sites, and this one was really standing out of the crowd, so I borrowed its fonts and a few other things).

I took the headers colors from apache.org. Looks better (make sure to do a shift+refresh).

Are others disturbed by the choice of the fonts?

* Should we explain what Velocity is on the main page?  Right now the main
page is process oriented. Project of the foundation, open source, etc.  It
doesn't explain what we are about.   Suggestion -- move the section "What
is Velocity" from the Engine section to the top of the home page. Then in
the Engine section we could have a 2 sentence intro paragraph explaining
how to get started.  (link to the docs).  What do you think?

I agree. I copied the section, but let it as is for now in the engine section.

Same, it's nothing to do with the switch itself.

WILL