its a FreeBSD server, so dont know if that is all the same that a linux one.

But still everywhere i see java -jar hudson.war or hudson start

That means that hudson has its own web container right? Where does
that run on? which port?
Then again also changes to apache must be done to map
http://wicketstuff.org/hudson to localhost:HUDSONPORT/

so i rather have it just running inside the webcontainer we already have.