I've started a vote some time ago about this (somewhere in april), and it was
decided not to move to servlet 3 for wicket 6. Wicket itself does not (yet)
require it, and users are free to use a servlet 3 container. Even if some part
of wicket requires servlet 3, you can have that part depend on servlet 3 and
leave the main dependency on 2.5.

Best regards,
Emond