Hi,

I think it's time to share some ideas about future releases and developments. Here we go:

- Wicket 8 and 7:  I see we have a decent amount of changes targeted for 8.3 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310561&version=12344559). This is not the case for version 7.x, which doesn't have yet many issues solved for the next version 7.11.0 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310561&version=12344758). Should we consider to release 8.3 and 7.11.0 or do you think we'd better wait for the 7.x version to reach a "critical mass" of changes?

- Wicket 9: after we close "Wicket-6563 page store implementation" (https://github.com/apache/wicket/pull/283) I think we could consider to release the first milestone for Wicket 9. Sounds good to you?

Speaking of future developments for Wicket 9, I've got (so far) a couple of nice-to-have:

- Use Java modularization (project Jigsaw): we should work to fully embrace the new modularization framework. If I remember correctly Martin has done some work with automatic modules but I can't find the exact commit at the moment.

- Dismiss utility classes Time and Duration: Wicket still heavily use a couple of classes from package org.apache.wicket.util.time: Time and Duration. These classes are virtually equivalent to java.time.Instant and java.time.Duration. I'm aware that this is not a trivial task and it's quite delicate, but I'd really like to not depend on custom code for tasks like time and dates that are well supported by Java. For those who are interested I've started to make some experiment with this task and the results are very encouraging as most of the changes are in-place replacements of the old classes with the standard entities. You can find the code here: https://github.com/bitstorm/wicket/tree/remove-time-utils

That's all, let me know what do you think!