Hi Raj,

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sajith,
>
> No, default.yaml doesn't need to be the exact same configurations of a
> vanilla pack. It represents the "default" profile of a product in a
> deployment. One can update default.yaml and point the carbon db to an
> external MySQL db. He doesn't need to create a new yaml file to be able to
> point the carbon db to an external MySQL db.
>
> As I mentioned earlier (and as Pubuddu agreed), what we should ship in
> default.yaml by default is the exact same configurations of a vanilla pack.

Yes, its the same thing I was talking, from a release point of view we need
to have a default set of configurations (which is the exact same configs of
a vanila pack: pointing to H2 etc ), that's why I was confused to see
config_db / gov / user-mgt related configs in default.xml, which we don't
see in a default carbon master-datasources.xml file.

Can't we move config/gov/user-mgt datasource configurations [1] into
*common.yaml* ? (And keep the product specific datasources like bps / am
etc in their respective default.yaml)
Because, in a specific setup, values of master-datasources.xml file will be
same in each product, and default.xml file would become more simpler.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/puppet-modules/blob/master/hiera/hieradata/dev/wso2/wso2am/1.9.1/default.yaml#L52-L97

> Other configurations, such as config/gov db, proxy ports, should be
> commented by default.

Code blocks in [1] too need to be commented out, otherwise it will always
create master-datasources.xml file with all the data sources

--
Sajith Kariyawasam