IMO this will create maintainability issue. We need to maintain all the
separate hieradata structure for each scenarios.For the one particular
alternation we need to change whole set of files.

Why can't we do this by using defined types in Hiera and lookup parameters
for a given instance? Based on the identify keys we set for each vm,
docker, K8S etc we can select the appropriate data set from Hiera file.

Thanks,
Gayan

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 7:48 PM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>

>> hieradata
>>     |--- dev
>>            |--- wso2
>>                    |---- <product_name>
>>                                      |--- <product_version>
>>                                                        |-- *vm*
>>                                                             |--
>> default.yaml
>>                                                             |--
>> manager.yaml
>>                                                             |--
>> worker.yaml
>>                                                        |--* docker*
>>                                                             |--
>> default.yaml
>>                                                             |--
>> manager.yaml
>>                                                             |--
>> worker.yaml
>>                                                        |-- *kubernetes*
>>
>>                                                             |--
>> default.yaml
>>                                                             |--
>> manager.yaml
>>                                                             |--
>> worker.yaml
>>

> +1 for the suggestion Isuru, will proceed with this. We can add other
> platforms such as OpenShift, Mesos, Cloud Foundry on the same level.
>
> Thanks
>

>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Imesh Gunaratne*