Hi Chamila,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Isuru, Imesh,
>
> IMO we shouldn't have any platform specific restructuring in
> wso2/puppet-modules. This should be done at the end user's setup. Another
> point is that we have now decoupled wso2/puppet-modules from
> wso2/dockerfiles and users are not required to incorporate puppet-modules
> in their container setup.

A very good concern! The way I see this is little different. Let's evaluate
the options we have:

   1. Ship generic product/profile Hiera YAML files and let the users
   configure them according to their platform (VM, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, K8S,
   Mesos, OpenShift, CF, etc)
   2. Ship product/profile/platform Hiera YAML files and let users use them
   OOB with very few changes.

Which one would be the best option? IMO 2nd option would provide a much
better user experience compared to 1 as it provides platform specific
values such as clustering configuration & port mappings OOB. User will only
need to provide values such as database hosts, passwords, identity
management, etc which are user specific.

The whole idea of this effort is to provide a better user experience.

Thanks