On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Vindula Jayawardana <vind...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> With the current user core implementation we support only the equal filter
> (e.g. userName Eq "john"). However SCIM 2.0 specification [1] specify total
> of 10 such simple filters and complex filters which are combinations of
> simple filters using logical and grouping operators (e.g. userType ne
> "Employee" and not (emails co "example.com" or emails.value co "
> example.org")). As we are in the process of C5 implementation, have we
> considered the other filter type implementations as well?

Yes we need to consider these features in the extended user-core
implementation.

> Moreover if we are supporting the complex filters, are we supporting it by
> simple filter by filter basis or the entire complex filter as a whole? If
> we are looking for the simple filter by filter basis, there will be
> performance issues as well.

It is better if we provide complex filters from extended user-core itself
for performance reasons. However if time doesn't permit to implement all
those APIs, we can have a scim UserManager implementation which will call
multiple simple filters and combine the result and return. Obviously as you
said performance of such implementation will be low. But it is acceptable
as an interim solution until extended user-core implementation supports all
the filters.

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby*
Technical Lead & Product Lead of WSO2 Identity Server
Governance Technologies Team
WSO2, Inc.
lean.enterprise.middleware

Mobile - *+94777776950*