Hi,

In IS C5, we are currently implementing self sign-up in the User Portal and
having following considerations regarding the self sign-up functionality.

what would be the correct way of achieving self sign-up and would like to
know how it has been implemented in other C5 based products.
If self sign up is enabled, *users should be create their own user accounts
and will be able to logged in immediately?* or there should be an *account
confirmation through the email* which helps to confirm an actual user? or
there should be configurations to enable/disable both registration and
account confirmation?

And when it comes to self sign-up, specially if there are no account
confirmation, in C5, I think it's better to include improvements such as a
way to *allow anyone to sign up (no restrictions) or restrict users to
specific domains* and also a way to choose whether *administrators should
receive an email when a new account is created*.

I would appreciate your ideas/suggestions on this.

Thanks and Regards
--
Indunil Upeksha Rathnayake
Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc