I think its better to have this email confirmation feature, but we could
make this as configurable options. Also I think that self signup users may
goto a particular userstore depending on the configuration, as there are
some cases where multiple user stores/domains are available and some are
read only etc, so my belive is its good to have this configurable.

Thanks
Susinda

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Rushmin Fernando <rush...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Indunil Upeksha Rathnayake <
> indu...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In IS C5, we are currently implementing self sign-up in the User Portal
>> and having following considerations regarding the self sign-up
>> functionality.
>>
>> what would be the correct way of achieving self sign-up and would like to
>> know how it has been implemented in other C5 based products.
>> If self sign up is enabled, *users should be create their own user
>> accounts and will be able to logged in immediately?* or there should be
>> an *account confirmation through the email* which helps to confirm an
>> actual user? or there should be configurations to enable/disable both
>> registration and account confirmation?
>>

> IMO admins should be given flexibility to configure the behavior
> (verification or uncontrolled signup )
>

>> And when it comes to self sign-up, specially if there are no account
>> confirmation, in C5, I think it's better to include improvements such as a
>> way to *allow anyone to sign up (no restrictions) or restrict users to
>> specific domains* and also a way to choose whether *administrators
>> should receive an email when a new account is created*.
>>

> How about implementing the email sending thing in a generic way (e.g.
> trigger mechanism on account creation ) ?
>

>> I would appreciate your ideas/suggestions on this.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> --
>> Indunil Upeksha Rathnayake
>> Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc
>> Email    indu...@wso2.com
>> Mobile   0772182255

> *Best Regards*
>
> *Rushmin Fernando*
> *Technical Lead*
>
> WSO2 Inc. <http://wso2.com/> - Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>
> mobile : +94775615183

*Susinda Perera*
Software Engineer
B.Sc.(Eng), M.Sc(Computer Science), AMIE(SL)
Mobile:(+94)716049075
Blog: susinda.blogspot.com
WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com/
Tel : 94 11 214 5345 Fax :94 11 2145300