Hi Indunil,

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Indunil Upeksha Rathnayake <indu...@wso2.com
> wrote:

> If self sign up is enabled, *users should be create their own user
> accounts and will be able to logged in immediately?* or there should be
> an *account confirmation through the email* which helps to confirm an
> actual user? or there should be configurations to enable/disable both
> registration and account confirmation?

IMO, based on the end system, both self-sign-up without confirmation as
well as self sign-up with confirmation can be required. Hence, having
configuration to enable/disable both the options will suite. Also I have
seen where administrators wants to verify self registered accounts before
the activation of those accounts. Hence, there should be a mechanism to
integrate kind of a work-flow as well and it should be configurable.

> And when it comes to self sign-up, specially if there are no account
> confirmation, in C5, I think it's better to include improvements such as a
> way to *allow anyone to sign up (no restrictions) or restrict users to
> specific domains* and also a way to choose whether *administrators should
> receive an email when a new account is created*.

+1 nice improvements. Even without account confirmation of user side,
administrators still may want to be aware of self registered accounts.
Eventing kind of a mechanism will come in handy, when need to monitor stats
based on end systems.

Thanks!
-Ayesha

--