Hi,

On API Manager, API Developers (!= publishers) aren't able to publish an
API to the Store or Gateway. But on API Manager version 2.1.0 and before,
if an API Developer makes an update to an API that is already published,
the changes made by the developer are immediately reflected on the Store
and Gateway. This kind of beats the purpose of preventing API Developers
from publishing APIs to the Store and Gateway directly.

For API Manager 3.0.0, I suggest that we prevent the API being updated by
API Developers after the API has gone beyond the "CREATED" state. API
Publishers should still be allowed to make updates to the fields they are
eligible for (non technical information). If someone badly needs to update
technical information of a published API, they should first bring the API
to the "CREATED" state, which will make the API disappear temporarily and
bring it back to "PUBLISHED" once the changes are saved.

Thanks,
NuwanD.

--
Nuwan Dias