Hi Fazlan,

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 9:12 PM Fazlan Nazeem <fazl...@wso2.com> wrote:

> I don't think we should allow anyone to do changes to an already published
> API regardless of whether he/she is a creator or publisher.
> Any change done to an already published API is not the same API which was
> published previously. Some of the changes could break the clients who are
> already consuming this API.
>
> What if we enforce by design, that any update to an already published API
> should be a new version of the same API. This way the updated API will go
> through the same API lifecycle and we do not have the original problem
> raised here.

In this approach what will happend to the existing subscriptions for the
new API version? Let say we the change needs to go to all the subscribers
and when we create a new API version we have to create all subscriptions
that exists for the previous API. Correct me if I'm wrong.

> [...]
> Store and Gateway unless the API publisher publishes the API again. Please
> correct me if I am wrong.
>
> I don't think temporarily removing the API is the best solution if it is
> already serving requests.
>
> What if we introduce another life cycle state and transfer the API to that
> state until API publisher re-publishes the API. In this way, there is no
> effect to the existing API.
>
> Thank you!
>
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:41 PM, Rukshan Premathunga <ruks...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Nuwan,
>
> If we demote API back to create, state how we are going to handle
> subscription already have? Are we going to disable them till the API get
> publish again?
>
> Also can we introduce or use the existing state to allow the API to be
> update without un-publishing it. once it is done we can publish it again
> with the changes. Because in if we demote to create state, we cannot have
> subscription information right?
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On API Manager, API Developers (!= publishers) aren't able to publish an
> API to the Store or Gateway. But on API Manager version 2.1.0 and before,
> if an API Developer makes an update to an API that is already published,
> the changes made by the developer are immediately reflected on the Store
> and Gateway. This kind of beats the purpose of preventing API Developers
> from publishing APIs to the Store and Gateway directly.
>
> For API Manager 3.0.0, I suggest that we prevent the API being updated by
> API Developers after the API has gone beyond the "CREATED" state. API
> Publishers should still be allowed to make updates to the fields they are
> eligible for (non technical information). If someone badly needs to update
> technical information of a published API, they should first bring the API
> to the "CREATED" state, which will make the API disappear temporarily and
> bring it back to "PUBLISHED" once the changes are saved.
>
> Thanks,
> NuwanD.
>
> --
> Nuwan Dias
>
> Software Architect - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
> email : nuw...@wso2.com
> Phone : +94 777 775 729 <+94%2077%20777%205729>
>

> --
> Rukshan Chathuranga.
> Software Engineer.
> WSO2, Inc.

> *Pubudu Gunatilaka*
> Committer and PMC Member - Apache Stratos
> Software Engineer
> WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
> mobile : +94774078049 <%2B94772207163>
>

> --
> Nuwan Dias
>
> Software Architect - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
> email : nuw...@wso2.com
> Phone : +94 777 775 729 <+94%2077%20777%205729>

*Prasanna Dangalla*
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com/
lean.enterprise.middleware

*cell: +94 718 11 27 51*