That seems to have fixed it. XMLBeans has disappeared from the gump todo
page at <http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/project_todos.html> (it
was number three before).

The build still fails because it needs junit (which is broken on gump),
but someone else is getting nagged about that :-)

Regards,
Peter.

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 11:33 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:
> Still getting these gump messages.... Is a committer able to apply the
> patch to build.xml on the 1.x branch as I suggested?
>
> I have tried to reproduce the error on an svn checkout of branch/1.x and
> a standard ant invocation of "ant bootstrap", but that works for me with
> just one pass. I guess that the gump failure must be due to some
> character set issue in the gump environment and/or the build of the
> tools that gump is using.
>
> Anyway, doing two bootstrap passes should fix it (or if it doesn't,
> enable us to ask the person who put xmlbeans on gump for help in
> reproducing the error).
>
> Regards,
> Peter.
>
> On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 17:31 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:
> > According to the information at the bottom of this page:
> >
> > <http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/xml-xmlbeans/index.html>
> >
> > gump is getting xmlbeans from
> > <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlbeans/branches/1.x>. Looking at
> > build.xml at that location, the fix hasn't been applied there.
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> > Peter.
> >
> > P.S. If that doesn't fix it, I would suggest e-mailing Robert Donkin
> > directly for help.
> >
> > On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 09:21 -0700, Cezar Andrei wrote:
> > > It seems that Peter's fix is not picked up, anyone has any idea on how to
> > > make this happen?
> > >
> > > Cezar

Peter Keller                                     Tel.: +44 (0)1223 353033
Global Phasing Ltd.,                             Fax.: +44 (0)1223 366889
Sheraton House,
Castle Park,
Cambridge CB3 0AX
United Kingdom