I read through the issue and disagree about the decision to move the APIs out.
That was a stylistic choice that breaks client code. I realize that 3.5.x has
been advertised as an alpha but you must realize that most of the world is
using it in production. These APIs have now been published. This will create a
real headache for Curator which is why I’ve created
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2642> - I hope we can move
these APIs back into ZooKeeper.java.

-Jordan