We now have two pull requests pending for this issue per discussion in
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/122

The PR for master branch is now: #152
<https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/152>
The PR for branch-3.5 is now: #151
<https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/151>

I've tested both pull requests locally and everything looks good. Please
have a look if anyone has any cycles next week - I plan to merge both by
end of next week (2/10) so we can get 3.5.3 release moving forward.

--
Cheers
Michael.