Great work Michael,

I am totally +1 on using docker for network isolation

I think that Apache CI may allow out-of-the-box execution in Docker
containers, in fact we have the "CloudBees Docker Custom Build
Environment Plugin"
We can use a public image or provide on the repo a Dockerfile.

In my company we are taking another approach, we launch a script which
sets up the container(s) and that run the tests.

The former approach (built in jenkins) is easy to try, the latter is
more complex but maybe you already have some script,
but our automatic QA script is quite complex and needs a lot of third party tool

when we will be on Maven we would not need external findbugs,forrest,ant.....

${ANT_HOME}/bin/ant \
        -Dpatch.file=foobar \
        -Dscratch.dir=$PATCH_DIR \
        -Dps.cmd=/bin/ps \
        -Dwget.cmd=/usr/bin/wget \
        -Djiracli.cmd=/home/jenkins/tools/jiracli/latest/jira.sh \
        -Dgit.cmd=/usr/bin/git \
        -Dgrep.cmd=/bin/grep \
        -Dpatch.cmd=/usr/bin/patch \
        -Dfindbugs.home=/home/jenkins/tools/findbugs/latest/ \
        -Dforrest.home=/home/jenkins/tools/forrest/latest/ \
        -Djira.passwd=no-shown-here \
        -Djava5.home=/home/jenkins/tools/java5/latest/ \
        -Dcurl.cmd=/usr/bin/curl \
        -Dtest.junit.maxmem=2g \
        qa-test-pullrequest

I am not a committer, but I have write access to Apache CI, so if
ZooKeeper PMCs agree on trying the docker config on the CI jobs I will
be happy to try

Enrico