Il Dom 30 Gen 2022, 17:51 Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> Previously in various contexts - specifically, I am thinking of a Hadoop
> JIRA where we once had a conversation on this topic, but I believe there
> have been others - you have declared 3.5 a long term stable (LTS) release.
>
> A sudden EOL of an LTS is jarring and makes future promise of LTS
> untrustworthy. What I would recommend for what it’s worth is a timetable to
> EOL of 3.5 that is reasonably long, like one or two years, should you
> decide to EOL it.

I am sorry,
I forgot about such conversation.

Can you share some pointers ?

No problem from my side as soon as there is someone who needs 3.5 and that
is willing to help.

Our codebase is pretty stable and we usually pay much attention  to
compatibility. So I am sure that 3.5 clients will be able to connect to new
servers (and vice versa)

I opened up this discussion to see how much interest is in the community,
so from your response I understand that there is such interest.

Thanks for answering

Enrico