That's what I was getting at with asking about phrasing like "long
supported" or LTS. The expectation is months or years longer than typical.
ZooKeeper code lines have typically been supported for really long times.
It is a strength of this project, in my opinion. Those of us who have been
around for a while, if we hear "LTS" from you, we think years and years...
Christopher from Accumulo had a good suggestion. Whatever you decide,
document it. Will help with communication. Probably best to avoid use of
the term "LTS" unless you plan on keeping that version around for several
years.