> I liked having a seperate smsbox though. Even with the option of keeping the
> external smsbox or using the internal, we won't have the new features.

These features are not heavily related to smsbox/features, and that is
just details..

> Also I have question marks about the copyright thingy.

This is the infamous Unicode thing. (opens the Dusty Book of Kannel
History and starts to tell a tale... ;) Long, long time ago
we at Wapit did Unicode support for Kannel. However, for certain reasons
we were not allowed to publish it immediately. And then the bankcrupty
hit us (WapIT), and thus it (Unicode support) was never released as open
source.

After that, various parties bought "non-exclusive" rights to that Unicode
from bankcrupty estate, including NETikos. So, in theory, someone MIGHT
get mad if that code is released as Open Source. People at MatchEm were
investigating the possibility to publish it neverthless, but then the
development in MatchEm was dropped (afaik).

On the other hand, that Unicode code is quite simple, any good programmer
would do it in a day or two, at least internal parts (not SMSC), the main
work was in decising HOW to do it....

--
&kalle marjola
product concept manager