From: Andreas Fink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 11:57 AM
To: Stipe Tolj
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Veto againt last smsc/smsc_smpp.c commit

On Mittwoch, Oktober 16, 2002, at 11:44 Uhr, Stipe Tolj wrote:

Andreas,

you have breaked the introduced SMPP module feature to define in which
number bases the SMSC is returning IDs.

See Nisan's patch and by commit at:

http://www.kannel.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gateway/gw/smsc/smsc_smpp.c.diff?r1=1.6&r2=1.7&sortby=date

You will have to simply configure your smsc group for the SMPP account
accordingly and this is *not* an smpp bug!

Now you confuse me. According to the specs of SMPP 3.4, the message ID comes as C string. So why should we care if it is hex or decimal? The length can be even up to 65 characters.

We have two SMPP links which both didn't work because of that. The patch I did takes the message_id "as is" and stores it "as is". What's wrong with that approach? Why should I care if the SMSC uses hex or decimal digits for its message ID?

Maybe you can tell me what you see on your SMPP links.

Andreas Fink
Global Networks, Inc.

Tel: +41-61-6932730 Fax: +41-61-6932729 Mobile: +41-79-2457333
Global Networks, Inc. Schwarzwaldallee 16, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Web: http://www.global-networks.ch/  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the GSM Association