[ You shouldn't post replies to me. I'm subscribed to list ]

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 13:22, Nikos Balkanas wrote:
> If styling rules are one man's decision, better be acceptable and to
> a degree flexible, or they will deter contributors from submitting
> work. Which contradicts open source philosophy.

Styling rules are seldom one man's decision in free/open source. It is
usually a consensus established during initial phase of the project and
often copied from other successful projects.
If everyone is allowed to add/insert personal style/preferences that
leads to big mess and such code is hard to follow.

Newcomers are expected to adopt to the established rules and style.

I would like to see kannel in git repository and during discussion
about switching to new VCS I had temptation to propose that but because
I don't contribute code to kannel I resisted. I remember last Alex's
message about matter and even started to write reply but after little
thinking I ceased because I didn't like to disturb him with one useless
mail.

> Granted  kannel is in better shape than most other software, but
> there is always room for improvement.

Yes. I agree with you.
And, I really appreciate your contribution to kannel.

--
Kind regards,  Milan