On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 11:55 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> My argument is actually: "It doesn't matter how good our infrastructure for
> testing fixes is, it'll still not catch everything. Therefore, some
> regressions make it into stable anyway, and we want them to get fixed (in
> the stable updates) as quickly as possible to minimize their impact on
> users. Therefore we should allow people to bypass updates-testing if they
> feel a need for it."

By-pass updates testing, sure.  By-pass it without any karma votes, I
don't think so.  If you've pushed a regression, and you want it fixed as
soon as possible, then it should be quite easy to find a couple people
to test the build and give karma status before it gets pushed to
-testing (once a dayish remember?) and thus it could go directly to
stable.

This is the problem with arguing about a proposal that hasn't even been
written yet.  You latch onto the one part you assume will be there that
is the most unreasonable, and use that as a tool to bash the entire
concept of the proposal (which hasn't been written yet).  I'm sure there
is a Latin phrase for this, I just don't know it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!