On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/07/2010 07:17 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>>
>> Then make it 3 months, 4 months... Leave it in testing forever if you
>> get too many complaints. But make it available for those who want it.
>>

> updates-testing should not be used for this purpose because among other
> things you might want to push a bug fix for the previous release that is
> more urgent and if we are doing this we need a separate update stream

So? That is not a common situation and does not happen with most
packages. But you are right it does happen. Supporting a small "urgent
fixes" repo, OR being able to have multiple versions of one package in
updates-testing shouldn't be too hard.

Meanwhile, I believe in that updates-testing should be extensively
used for such upcoming updates by (almost) everyone.

The pros are obvious. What are the cons of this model?

Orcan