2010/3/7 Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fed...@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 03/07/2010 07:17 AM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>>>
>>> Then make it 3 months, 4 months... Leave it in testing forever if you
>>> get too many complaints. But make it available for those who want it.
>>>

>> updates-testing should not be used for this purpose because among other
>> things you might want to push a bug fix for the previous release that is
>> more urgent and if we are doing this we need a separate update stream
>>

> So? That is not a common situation and does not happen with most
> packages. But you are right it does happen. Supporting a small "urgent
> fixes" repo, OR being able to have multiple versions of one package in
> updates-testing shouldn't be too hard.
>
> Meanwhile, I believe in that updates-testing should be extensively
> used for such upcoming updates by (almost) everyone.
>
> The pros are obvious. What are the cons of this model?

"entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity"

Now we got:
fedora-updates
fedora-updates-testing

It's easy to add another repos:
fedora-updates-urgent
fedora-updates-really-urgent
fedora-updates-not-really-urgent
fedora-updates-next-year

Adding additional repo _won't_ solve the problem. I only use packages
from fedora-updates-testing from time to time - many regular users do
the same thing. I bet that most users don't even know about this
repo...

> Orcan
> --

Regards,