Kevin Kofler wrote:
> as long as you require only a few 32-bit packages, requesting them
> explicitly is not the end of the world. So if we were to drop support
> for that "always install all libs as multilibs" option

Eh? I didn't even know there was such an option. And I agree, /that/
should be dropped.

> and require explicitly picking the wanted 32-bit stuff from the
> 32-bit repo, that shouldn't be a real issue for you.

As long as I can still install libs to build i*86 on my mostly-x86_64
system, without yum getting confused and broken, then I'm okay. My
concern is really just the "yum getting confused and broken" part. (I
would prefer to not have to jump through hoops to get i*86 stuff,
though, i.e. having to manually set up a repo would make me unhappy.)

--
Matthew
Oops. -- Shannon Foraker (David Weber, Ashes of Victory)