On 05/04/2016 04:18 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> What about things like openmw that in theory can be run with free
> assests, but for which there really isn't anything beyond a demo for
> other than the assests from a proprietary game?

The assets should not be a problem unless they're tied directly into
openmw as a runtime dependency (see Stephen's earlier example of the
PlayStation emulators that require a firmware blob).

> There also seems to be an agreement not to build the software on some
> platforms in place, that isn't reflected in the license, but might
> attract a lawsuit if someone did.

This is particularly concerning. I'd like to better understand that
situation before giving openmw the all-clear.

~tom

==
Red Hat