Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> We need groups, with "grouped privileges/acls" etc. It's essentially
> what e.g. the "perl-sig" originally was meant to be.

Yes, group ACLs are definitely needed, but in addition to that technical
feature, we also need to make sure that the SIG actually gets commit access
to ALL packages related to the SIG. ALL perl-* packages should be
committable to by the Perl SIG. That's what a SIG is for. And it'd have
prevented this whole "why were X and Y added as maintainers to my perl-*
packages" fiasco, it would just have been the SIG's decision to add the
people to the SIG and this should automatically give commit access to all
perl-* packages.

Similarly, all packages using Qt should be committable to by the KDE SIG
etc.

        Kevin Kofler