Nils Philippsen wrote:
> AIUI, a SIG are more people than those who actually work on related
> packages as maintainers, or are competent and responsible enough to not
> break things in the process of updating packages with which they're not
> familiar (otherwise they'd be (co-)maintainers, wouldn't they?).
>
> If we ever get group ACLs, I think we should have $SIG-packager groups,
> consisting of SIG members who fulfill the above, who get that kind of
> access.

That's true, not all SIG members are packagers, only those that actually are
should get packaging access.

(As for what packagers to trust with such access, that's really the
individual SIG's business. I'm personally a defender of the "give everyone
the benefit of the doubt, but yell loudly and threaten revoking access if
they screw up" approach. :-) )

        Kevin Kofler