On 2016-06-24, Dan Horák <d...@danny.cz> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 10:43:26 +0000 (UTC)
> Petr Pisar <ppi...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2016-06-23, Petr Pisar <ppi...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> > per Build Root Without Perl Fedora 25 change
>> > <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Build_Root_Without_Perl>,
>> > I'm ready to implement the most visible part of this change.
>> >
>> > I'm going to inject perl-devel and perl-generators build-requires
>> > into Fedora specification files tomorrow. That's necessary not to
>> > break building the packages when Perl will have been removed from
>> > the build root.
>> >
>> The mass edit finished successfully. It touched 3121 packages.
>
> How compatible are these changes with previous releases? Can be master
> and f24 branches kept merged?

These changes are compatible with all supported Fedora releases.

They were incompatible with EPEL. But I submitted a dummy package into
all EPEL testing repositories that should fullfil the dependencies by
pulling their actual RHEL implementations. You can expect the dummy
package reaches stable EPEL in 14 days.

-- Petr