Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> * #1592 - Redefinition of what constitutes a secondary/alternate
> ~  architecture in Fedora  (sgallagh, 16:04:18)
> ~  * AGREED: FESCo approves the new alternative architectures plan (+7,
> ~    0, -0)  (sgallagh, 16:11:29)

Sigh! So the proposal to break Fedora got unanimously approved without
restrictions. I wonder why you requested a mailing list thread to be opened
at all, given that you simply completely ignored the mailing list feedback.
The "feedback request" from the proposal owners was already worded as if the
mailing list thread was only a formality, and it looks like they were right.

I still do not see why every exotic architecture no real user cares about
has to fail our builds instead of being built in its own koji-shadow sandbox
where it can only break itself. There was no satisfactory answer to that.
Our actual users use x86 machines. Delaying the builds for the machines our
users use by some indefinite time because of some obscure toolchain bug
affecting some toy machine only a couple people at Red Hat or at some
university have sitting on their desk helps no one. Real users do NOT use
dev boards without even a case, FPGA development kits, or similar developer
toys. They use "a computer", which out there in the real world means x86.

        Kevin Kofler