On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 05:02:04PM +0200, Petr Šabata wrote:
> > This is for the labeling of, for example, separate PHP 5, 6, and 7
> > modules?
>
> Yes.  Or even variations of the same upstream version.
>
> I'm really pro-stream here because these identifiers have
> nothing to do with upgrade paths and some modules or module
> stacks wouldn't even have any concept of numbered, progressive
> builds/releases.  It's just a label.
>
> I would save the word "version" to identify updates within
> these "streams".

I agree on not using "version" for this. I'm not completely sold on
"stream", partly because we talk about "upstream" and "downstream" so
much, and this is unrelated to that. How about "branch"? That fits with
the idea of "rebase" for switching between them....

--
Matthew Miller
<mat...@fedoraproject.org>