On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:28:13 -0600, Kevin wrote:

> So, here we are today with 242 still open merge reviews:
> http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/MERGE.html
> (Plus a few that were closed when they shouldn't have been).

Dumb question first: Where could I have found the URL of that page?

Several reviewers I know use the cached tracker page, which explicitly
does NOT include the old merge reviews:
http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/NEW.html

And that one is linked directly on the Package Review Process page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process#Tracking_of_Package_Requests

> So, what do we do?

For each of the packages, assign its package owner(s) to the review ticket,
let them perform the review themselves according to Fedora's Review
Guidelines and when done, set the fedora-review flag to '?' and move the
ticket to a final tracker. In other words, let the owners of these
packages indicate that they have (re-)reviewed their own package.

Fedora package maintainers must be aware of the packaging guidelines
anyway when they touch their package spec files, and they also need
to repeat several checks whenever they includes upgrades (e.g. checking
for license changes or added code/libs with legal problems).