On 01/06/2017 01:08 AM, drago01 wrote:

>     Two suggestions were raised as alternatives to the container approach:
>
>     * Switch to using the Debian style of multi-arch layout, which instead of
>     /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 uses /usr/lib/$ARCH-linux-gnu. Benefits to this
> would
>     include the emergence of a de-facto standard for system layout between
> the major
>     distributions.
>
>     * Ship only one arch in the repositories and allow users to trivially
> enable the
>     repositories for other arches through DNF if they have need.
>

> *  Keep things as they are, which means things keep to "just work" (tm)

As Bill pointed out, things "just work" for users right now and that's something
we'd like to avoid breaking. However, that does *not* mean that it is trivial to
do on the build side. We're currently building out an entirely new
infrastructure to support modules; we'd like to take a look at what we did the
first time and see if (with more experience and hindsight) we can do a better
job now, and ideally one we can share between the two approaches.