On 02/24/2017 06:20 AM, Andrew Toskin wrote:
> I'm a new Fedora packager; my very first packages have not yet been accepted.
> I'm working on RPM packages for a few GNOME Shell extensions. Things are
> mostly going well, except that `fedora-review` complains about gschemas in
> the packages, and I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to be telling
> me.
>
>     Issues:
>     =======
>     - glib-compile-schemas is run in %postun and %posttrans if package has
>       *.gschema.xml files.
>       Note: gschema file(s) in gnome-shell-extension-activities-configurator
>       See:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#GSettings_Schema
>
> I've read the linked wiki page, and I still don't understand what I'm
> supposed to *do*.
>
> At first, I thought maybe I'm not supposed to do `glib-compile-schemas`
> myself, because rpmbuild will take care of it? Except one of my packages gets
> this fedora-review message, and the `glib-compile-schemas` command does not
> appear anywhere in my spec. And the source does not have a Makefile, nor any
> other build scripts which might sneakily compile schema files without my
> noticing. I've checked.
>
> Then I thought maybe I'm just not supposed to include .gschema.xml files in
> the package at all? But that doesn't seem right either, because there are
> plenty of other GNOME Shell extensions in the Fedora repos that also include
> .gschema.xml files.
>
>     dnf repoquery --list "gnome-shell-extension-*" | grep -i gschema

Hi Andrew,

gsettings schema compilation is automatically handled these days with an
rpm file trigger that glib2 sets up. There's no need to add
glib-compile-schemas %postun and %postrans scripts any more (but they
won't hurt either and are required for EPEL7 if you want to keep the
same spec file).

Hope this helps,
Kalev