> On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 11:00 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  For several packages it is possible to automate build, test and
> > package updating on multiple fedora releases (+epel) in a single
> > keypress using the cockpituous (sic) tools [0]. These tools hide
> > quirks
> > and requirements of the fedora tooling, and allow a very efficient
> > orchestration of package releases (see [1] for a script which
> > releases
> > gnutls  for example).
> >
> > I'm transforming more of the packages I maintain to that form,
> > however,
> > there is much more value if that is done once for all the Fedora
> > maintainers. While obviously the maintainers who are also involved
> > in
> > upstream developing would benefit most, the majority of the
> > maintainers
> > which have packages which follow good practices will benefit from
> > such
> > a simple automated rebase, spending their time only for reviewing
> > changes. Is that something that is already being worked on?
>
> FWIW, I would be *extremely* reluctant to use something that big
> that's
> a) written in shell script (ugh) and b) has no tests.

How did you figure the (b) part? The package itself has extensive
tests.

Unless you mean about fedora testing in general. It is true fedora
provides no practical infrastructure for testing. Even basic checks
like ABI checks for libraries are missing on updates; that's sad but
shouldn't stop packagers from improving their life.

regards,
Nikos