On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:
>> When some package will break because someone adjusted format of
>> timestamps, the bug is in that package and not in the rsyslog's format
>
> there is a world outside packages called user scripts

That is true. But here there is simple way to revert back to original
format if wished
or change that regexp or strptime/strftime format used in the user script.

I am aware that any change is likely to broke someone's workflow:
https://xkcd.com/1172/

However there is real possibility of loss of data in current situation
(due to missing TZ and year)
and I experience more difficult operations due to this in my job
(testing of infrastructure scattered
around the globe).

R.