On 07/17/2017 08:44 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Dusty Mabe wrote:
>> I'm sure some people are aware but for those who aren't it is worth noting
>> that we have an entire edition (atomic host) that is built around atomic
>> updates for rpm content.
>
> Atomic updates for "rpm content", but not for actual RPMs, unfortunately,
> only for blobs composed on the server side from an unchangeable set of RPMs.
> So it does not solve the problem at all.

The server side content is something you can't change, but you can easily
create your own server and define that content if you want.

Also you can easily install packages now using `rpm-ostree install foo`.
Which will atomically install rpms (deployment staged for next reboot).
If atomicity is what you want then this will give you that.

http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2017/04/rpm-ostree-v2017.4-released/

Dusty