On 28.7.2017 18:41, Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, Jul 28, 2017, at 12:16 PM, Miro Hrončok wrote:

It's up to the maintainers of Atomic Host to decide what's there. I
don't see how that relates to this thread. We have never said anything
about what is supposed to be or not to be in the Atomic Host.

I'm opposed to switching the meaning of `/usr/bin/python` for AH
anytime soon.  It's just going to break stuff, and to me the gain is quite
low.  If you still propose to make that change for other editions and in the
Everything repository,
we'll likely need to override it.

Regardless, I can certainly take care of updating the Change proposal to mention
that the `/usr/bin/python` portion doesn't apply to AH, and we'll continue
to have `python2` installed by default, if that's OK with you?

As long as you figure out how to do it properly and as long as you represent the AH maintainers and can make that decision for AH, I think it's probably OK to put it there (I still don't like it personally, but that's not good enough reason to not do it).

What about this:

Note that after Phase 1, nothing in Fedora uses /usr/bin/python any more, so it should be safe for sysadmins to flip the symblink back to python2 and we should provide a documented and supported way of doing so. In the same way, the Atomic Host will keep /usr/bin/python pointing to Python 2 regardless of rest of Fedora and possibly against upstream recommendation in PEP 394, because of [reasons].

--
Miro Hrončok