On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 11:32:23AM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:

> >> And then, if test rebuild of such a big package like texlive against
> >> new poppler fails, poppler maintainer has to wait until texlive is
> >> to be ported into new poppler?
> >
> > Yes! That's how the new "no alphas" rawhide is supposed to
> > look. Maintainers are supposed to avoid a state where rawhide is
> > broken.
> >
> > poppler shouldn't be *blocked*, but it should be delayed a bit, so
> > that maintainers of the dependent packages are given a few days to
> > find a resolution.
> >

> This is garbage. How the heck are we supposed to do crap like this
> when Koji itself isn't built to support this kind of thing freely? If
> anything, Koji (or something) should be doing the bloody rebuilds for
> us, automatically doing a scratch build and if that passes, do a "real
> build" with the bumped Release and changelog entry.

  Actually, we seem to have https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koschei for that.
Sadly, it does not work – I tried with it when I was upgrading 'owfs'
package (with soname change). Depentant 'collectd' wasn't rebuilt.

--
Tomasz Torcz                        Once you've read the dictionary,
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl           every other book is just a remix.