Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Yes, you don't need to add -L%{_libdir}/atlas to LDFLAGS anymore and you
> link with -lopenblas.

Can't we make it a drop-in replacement for reference BLAS/LAPACK and ATLAS,
i.e., having symlinks or linker scripts pointing at least libblas.so and
liblapack.so to libopenblas.so.*, ideally also libblas.so.3 and
liblapack.so.3 so that no rebuilds are necessary and so that things using
dlopen and third-party binary blobs also use OpenBLAS?

The current situation where we have 3 different BLAS implementations and
where for most programs, depending on your setup, you get either the worst
one (reference BLAS) or a suboptimal one (ATLAS compiled for the baseline
architecture), but never the best one (OpenBLAS with runtime CPU detection),
is a mess.

        Kevin Kofler