On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 06:23:27PM +0200, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> On 09/04/2017 06:13 PM, Till Maas wrote:

> > You need to add --batch to the command line:
> > $ LANG=C date|gpg2 --batch --passphrase aaa -ca | gpg2  --batch
> > --passphrase aaa
> > gpg: AES encrypted data
> > gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
> > Mon Sep  4 18:12:56 CEST 2017
>
> You are right, but existing scripts do not expect this,
> especially if they are calling "gpg" and getting gpg2.

Is there are a specific script you are wondering about? Then we can fix
that. The scripts need to be changed eventually anyhow and using above
command line works with gpg1 as well. Btw. on current Debian systems and
RHEL/CentOS 7 systems it is already gpg2, therefore the scripts cannot
expect this in general anymore anyhow.

Kind regards
Till